This recipe is really simple to make and is perfect for a family get together, pot lucks or to make a large batch and eat throughout the week.
My husband and I really enjoyed this salad and might bring it to our family get together for Mothers day, if we can remember!
This recipe would be good on a paleo or Siete tortilla for a chicken sandwich. Have fun with it and experiment.
Lemon Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1-1.5 lb boneless chicken thighs, cooked and chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup primal kitchens mayo
- Juice from two lemons
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. honey
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients, adding more lemon juice or zest to taste.
- Top salad with dressing and enjoy!
You may also like: