This breakfast is great to make in a large batch and eat the rest of the week. I have often cooked up a large portion of ground beef with onions, then added the rest of the ingredients as the week went on, this makes for quicker breakfasts.
To make this breakfast more filling, you could top with an egg or two and add more greens.
Bacon Topped Breakfast Hash
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, rough chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 cups spinach or kale
- 1-2 green scallions for garnish
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef on medium, chopping it up as it cooks. Once the beef is almost browned add in the sweet potato, onion, thyme, oregano, and garlic.
- Meanwhile in a separate skillet, cook the bacon until crisp then set aside to cool. Once cooled, crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are soft and cooked to your preference, lower the heat and add in the spinach or kale. Cook for about 2 minutes for spinach and around 5-6 for kale, until the greens are wilted and flavors are combined.
- Top with bacon, scallions and a pinch of salt.
You may also like: