Nightshade free, gluten free, grain free and dairy free nachos! Need I say more?
The picture below includes a non AIP version for my husband.
Sweet Potato Nachos with Guacamole
- 2 (6 ounce) bag sweet potato chips (I used Terra Sweet Potato Chips)
- 1.5 lbs. pork shoulder cooked and shredded, or ground beef/turkey/bison/pork browned and crumbled
- 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (make sure it is nitrite free, no sugar added preferably)
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cups lettuce/greens shredded
- Salt to taste
- 2 avocados sliced
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- If using pork: Cook pork shoulder in crock pot, low 6 hours. Shred pork and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until browned and crispy. Set aside on paper towels and crumble once cooled.
- Prepare the guacamole; in a large bowl combine all ingredients. Mashing the avocado with a fork, mix all ingredients together. Set aside.
- On 2-4 plates, arrange sweet potato chips evenly and as flat as possible, using the larger pieces in the bag.
- Top the chips with the lettuce, the shredded pork, diced onion, and salt to taste. Top with guacamole and the crumbled bacon.
You may also like: