A time for every purpose Ecclesiastes 3:1
To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven
Whatever you are waiting on, whether to start a family, to become pregnant, to change jobs or get out of debt etc., this post is to encourage you.
God causes things to happen at the right time -Joyce Meyer
Waiting can be difficult, just plain and simple. No one likes or wants to be patient. I highly recommend that you pray about your situation, your hearts desires, motives and ask God to guide you to a promise for your situation.
I often have to check my motives and ask myself if what I desire is really God’s will for my life. His will never goes against his word. Ask him to clarify your motives and to let desires die that do not match his will for your life.
If you are past the point of knowing without a doubt that what you are waiting on is God’s will and your motives are right, you are in good company. It may feel like a lonely place because you have a vision of what God wants, but your circumstances do not reflect it. Jesus was in this same situation, he knew why he came and what he was going to do, but had to wait for God’s timing. His companions did not share this same vision, and often misunderstood him. Know that Jesus has been through exactly what you are going through and so have other believers. You are not alone!
God’s timing is perfect and he wants you to have life to the full (John 10:10b)
While we are waiting, one of the best things we can do is to focus our minds on God, not what He can give us.
Remember that He has a good plan for your and your family. He has plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hopeful future (Jer. 29:11). We are not going to be able to figure out the right timing. We can have a plan, but know that he has the ultimate plan. We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps (Prov. 16:9).
- With the Lord, a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. 2 Peter 3:8
- For the vision is yet for the appointed (future) time. It hurries toward the goal (of fulfillment): it will not fail. Even though it delays, wait (patiently) for it, because it will certainly come; it will not delay. Hab 2:3
- Take delight in the Lord and he will give you your hearts desires.Commit everything you do to the Lord, trust him and he will help you Psalm 37:8
- Psalm 33:8 The Lord says “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you”
- Galatians 6:9 Let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
When the wait is particularly long and the circumstances around you seem to be pushing you away from the place God wants to take you:
For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
If the wait is growing, your are experiencing difficulty or challenges:
1 Thes 5:18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
God will carry us through the wait. Whether we are waiting on him, or he is waiting on us. He is working on our behalf, arranging circumstances and fighting for us. He gives us our hope, strength and encouragement. With Christ we are conquerors.
2 Cor 12:9 My grace is sufficient for you
Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God;
Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Ah, Lord God! Behold,
You have made the heavens & the earth by Your great power & outstretched arm.
There is nothing too hard for You.
You may also like: