Bacon Butternut Squash Hash
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb ground beef or bison
- 1 butternut squash, cubed and roasted
- 6 ounces spinach or kale
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- Prior to starting recipe, peel and chop the butternut squash, discarding seeds. Cube the squash into bite size pieces. Place squash on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast 20 minutes at 400 F. Then flip squash and roast an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Set bacon aside, and save 1/2 of the bacon fat in the pan and store the rest for another recipe. Add beef or bison to the pan with garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and salt. Crumble and cook until browned.
- Add roasted squash, crumbled bacon, and spinach/kale to the pan. Cook on low for a few minutes to combine flavors and until the greens are fully wilted. Enjoy!