Turkey Burger Salad
- 2 head of romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a large skillet melt 1 tbsp coconut oil, on medium high heat.
- Combine turkey, salt, garlic and onion powder and thyme. Form into 4 patties and cook in the skillet about 4 minutes a side until the internal temperate is at 165.
- In a separate skillet melt 2 tbsp coconut oil on medium low heat, add in mushrooms and onions and cover. Stir often, turning the heat down if the mix starts to burn. Caramelizing the onions and mushrooms should take about 15-25 minutes, long and slow. Add more coconut oil of necessary or chicken broth. When the mix is almost caramelized, add in the chicken broth and allow to cook 1-3 more minutes until the juice in the pan is soaked up.
- In a small bowl combine the avocado, lime juice and some salt. Gently mash the avocado with a fork until combined.
- In two bowls, divide the lettuce, onion mix and guacamole evenly, top with turkey burger and enjoy!