I like to make these for mornings on the go or a quick snack for my husband. He hates eating breakfast and never wants to cook in the morning, so these I can pop into a snack bag and he can throw into lunch bag for a pre-lunch snack. These can also be frozen and microwaved at a later time.
I highly recommend using a silicon muffin pan/mold for this recipe, if you do not have one, like myself when I took these photos, you can heavily grease a regular muffin pan and wait until they are completely cooled for better removal.
Pizza Egg Muffins
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan (optional- Omit for Whole30)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 10 eggs
- Coconut oil for greasing muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin pan, preferably silicon, with coconut oil or oil of choice.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the peppers, onion, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt, peppers, Italian seasoning and Parmesan. Mix until combined, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs and milk and whisk together. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the egg mixture.
- Spoon in the veggie mix into muffin cups until 3/4 full or almost to the top. Slowly add egg mixture to each cup until almost the top of the muffin cup, not too full so that the eggs do not overflow while baking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes in preheated oven and allow to cool completely before removing. Enjoy!