Since going paleo, sausage has been a staple in my fridge. Its quick and easy to make and always ready to go. I normally buy a already prepared natural pork sausage mix, but it is more cost efficient when making a lot of sausage to prepare it yourself. This is a simple recipe to make a lot of sausage and have it throughout the week already cooked. If you desire you can also freeze after cooking for a quick breakfast later on.
Paleo Italian Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 3 lbs ground pork
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp black pepper*
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp minced fresh basil
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
*to make AIP omit black pepper
- Combine salt and dried spices, if necessary grind together using spice grinder, food processor or mini blender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add, garlic, fresh herbs and the dried spice mixture. Combine pork and mix to completely incorporate the spices into the meat. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours if desired, for more flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use hands to form patties and place one a rimmed baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake the sausage patties for 15 to 25 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160 F.
- If you prefer you can fry the patties in a skillet rather than bake. Enjoy!