Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops
- 3 bone in center cut pork chops
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 2 small honey crisp apples, cored and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium heat, and add 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, garlic, onion and chili powder. Sprinkle mixture over pork chops to season.
- Place pork chops in skillet and cook approx. 6 minutes a side, until an internal temp reaches 145 F.
- Meanwhile, in a separate sauce pot, add 1 tbsp coconut oil and the chopped onion. Cook until translucent then add the apples and cook until softened. Add the maple syrup and cinnamon and cook for about 3-5 minutes on low, until the sauce thickens.
- Top the cooked pork chops with the apple mixture and enjoy!