Paleo Spinach Mushroom Quiche with Bacon
- Quiche crust
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled OR cooked ham if preferred
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped into small bite-size pieces
- 1 loosely packed cup of spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Optional: 1/4 tsp red pepper
- Prepare and bake quiche crust. Set it aside while you make the filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp and then set aside.
- In a separate skillet, add coconut oil and mushrooms, cook on medium-low for about 5 minutes. Add shallots and cook for an additional 10 minutes until mushrooms and shallot are caramelized and browned. Add a pinch of salt and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat cooking oil or bacon grease to medium-low heat and add the broccoli, and garlic, heat for about 1 minute. Add the spinach, salt and pepper, and cook for about 30 seconds, until the broccoli is bright green and slightly softened, the garlic is soft and the spinach is wilted.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs coconut milk and mustard.
- Fill the crust with the broccoli mixture, bacon and mushroom mixture. Pour the egg mixture over the top, careful not to let it overflow. Bake in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes, until the eggs are set. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!