Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, soft but not liquid
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the almond and tapioca flours, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the almond butter and coconut oil until smooth, then add the maple syrup and vanilla and continue to mix until very smooth. Add in the egg and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture (with a spoon) until a dough forms, then fold in the chocolate chips and freeze the mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture by Tbsp onto a cookie sheet, or roll into tbsp size balls and place on sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 11-15 minutes or until cookies are set in the center and beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy!