Soft Paleo Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup OR molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the egg, egg yolk, almond butter and coconut oil until smooth. Add the maple syrup, 1/4 cup coconut sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until fully combined and a sticky dough forms. Freeze dough for 10 minutes, until it can be easily scooped and rolled into balls.
- In a small bowl add the rest of the coconut sugar. Scoop tbsp sized dough and roll into a ball. gently roll the cookie dough ball into the coconut sugar, to fully coat. Then gently flatten the ball onto the parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until the tops crack. Cookies will be firmer and chewier as they cool. Allow to cool completely before handling. Enjoy!