Soft Chocolate Chunk Paleo Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, soft but not melted
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond and tapioca flours, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the almond butter and coconut oil until smooth, then add the honey, and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth. Add in the egg and mix until fluffy.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture, with a spoon, until a sticky dough forms, then fold in the chocolate chunks and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Roll tablespoon size cookie balls and set on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart, or use cookie scoop to plop onto pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes, then move to wire rack to cool all the way.