This recipe is inspired by Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining. With Thanksgiving coming up, I really wanted to make some paleo recipes that we can enjoy no matter what else is served that is not paleo. This salad was super delicious combo, hope you enjoy.
Pear and Pecan Salad
- lettuce of choice, I used spinach
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola crumbles or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Spiced Pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 pears, poached in grape juice
- Peel pears and place in a medium pot with grape juice (filled about half way). Bring to a simmer, cover and allow to cook for about 10-15 minutes, until a fork easily passes through pears but they still are holding their shape.
- Slice pears into cubes and discard the core.
- Add pear slices, cheese, pecans and cranberries to the lettuce.
- Top with a small amount of olive oil for dressing.