Easy and gluten-free recipe! I made this recipe last summer, but have since modified it many times. You can remove ingredients you don’t enjoy and add others, the instructions are the same. I have made this without avocado, without bacon, with peppers and a different potatoes. Either way, it’s always good!
- 1 kielbasa sausage, 100% beef OR turkey, nitrate and MSG free, cut into 1/4 in. rounds
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 lb. natural bacon
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1-2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Optional: diced bell peppers, white potatoes, mushrooms, squash, brussels sprouts or diced apples.
* Not adding bacon will make the dish less greasy
- Place 1-2 tbsp. of oil in a large skillet and heat to medium, add potatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until brown/crispy and cooked through.
- In a separate skillet, brown the sliced kielbasa in 1 tbsp. of olive oil or coconut oil on medium-high heat. Then, remove from pan and pat dry/set aside. Add bacon and cook through both sides. Pat bacon dry and allow to cool. Chop bacon into bite size pieces and set aside. (If there is a lot of grease in the pan, remove some) Add the peppers, garlic, and onions to the skillet with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the skillet with the cooked potatoes, add the kielbasa, onions, peppers, bacon and mix together. Add in the chopped avocado. Serve hot and enjoy!
*Use a large skillet to cook the potatoes in so that everything can fit together in one pan at the end.