This recipe made about two servings. You can easily add in more shrimp or zucchini to your liking.
This recipe is also Autoimmune Paleo approved
*I did not own a spiralizer at the time so I julienned the zucchini so there is very little of it lol! I also didn’t have fresh basil so I substituted with dried. I’ve used this recipe with both sets of ingredients and it is just as good if you don’t have the specific items for this recipe.
- 3-4 slices bacon
- 2-3 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 large thawed shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 medium zucchinis, peeled and spiralized
- 4-6 chopped basil leaves
- Cook bacon in large cast iron skillet or nonstick over medium heat. Remove and drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Remove bacon fat leaving one teaspoon in skillet. Add butter and melt.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds and then add red pepper flakes, green onions and shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp and add lemon juice and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- Add the zucchini noodles and toss to combine.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Return shrimp to skillet, along with basil and crumble in the bacon.
- Toss to combine and serve.