The only time worrying is useful is when it causes you to take action. But being overwhelming consumed by worrying can be paralyzing. Here are a few tips to stop worrying and being anxious
- Be mindful. Let your thoughts come and go without judging them. Don’t ignore your thought or try to block them out. Just observe like an outsider
- Meditate. This goes with mindfulness. Read more on meditation here.
- Question your thoughts. Ask yourself: is this worry realistic, likely, or as bad as it seems if the worst outcome happen?
- Calming visualization. It’s hard to worry when you’re picturing yourself on a beach somewhere or hiking or doing what you love.
- Talk to someone. This can help you tease out issues that you didn’t initially see.
- Exercise. Get your heart racing and burn calories and worries.
- Read. This will get your mind off of your thoughts.
- Pray. Pray about your worries to free your mind.
- Believe. Trust that your worries will work themselves out and that there is hope.
How do you cope with anxiousness? Comment below.