Are you having a hard time staying asleep or falling asleep? Here are some tips that you can try:
- Hide the clock. Don’t check to see what time it is if you wake up. Depending on what time it is, you will probably get stressed out.
- Lights off. Keep the lights off, they disrupt your melatonin sleep cycle.
- If you have not fallen asleep after 20 minutes, get up and go to a different spot and read. Do not use technology or watch TV. As soon as you feel sleepy, return to bed.
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day no matter how much sleep you had the night before. The closer you can keep to a routine, the more your body will recognize and respond appropriately to your bedtime and wake up hours. Don’t attempt to make up for lost sleep during the week by sleeping in all weekend.
- Avoid your phone or tablet. The blue light emitted from technology, disrupts sleep. Avoid 30-60 minutes before bed.
- Keep the bedroom cooler at night, your body naturally gets cooler at night and a hot environment will wake you up.
Do you have any more tips? Comment below.